Welcome to Caliann's blog

I love the outdoors, the beach, gardening, family get-to-gethers! This is a spot hopefully for anyone who is interested in giving me pointers on being a better gardener as I'm a beginner. Mostly learning from reading other garden blogs I'm finally going to give my vegetable garden a try.

Friday, June 13, 2008

More Veggies

Zucchinni Squash-ready for pickin'
Bush Bean seedlings. I planted these where the spinach was.
My corn is starting to show silk. Now that the weather is really hot, it will be exciting to see how good it grows. With all the wind we have had I wasn't sure what was going to survive in the garden. My tomatoes should start to ripen now. There's some very large green ones. I'm excited to harvest some fresh from the vine. There's nothin like a homegrown tomatoe, especially with the samonila scare we've been having with the store bought ones. They are saying not to buy any unless they are attached to the vine, or they are grown in a green house, hot house, and not to purchase them if they are from Mexico and Arizona.

No comments:

MS. POODIE

MS. POODIE