Welcome to Caliann's blog

I love the outdoors, the beach, gardening, family get-to-gethers! This is a spot hopefully for anyone who is interested in giving me pointers on being a better gardener as I'm a beginner. Mostly learning from reading other garden blogs I'm finally going to give my vegetable garden a try.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Wheat Grass and Bush Beans

These are the green bean seeds that will be planted after I pull up the spinach. And I'm germinating some wheat grass seeds. I thought I would give them a try and just let them grow from the window sill of the kitchen. I got curious about wheat grass because they sell it at the "Jamba Juice" and "Juice it up". So I seen the package of seeds and bought it thinking I should see if I can grow them, and use the juice at home with my own juicer. Now I've found out I can't actually process the wheat grass in my juicer cause it can clog it up pretty bad. I may have to buy an actual wheat grass juicer.
Wheat grass also known as "liquid sunshine" is one of the most nutritious foods available to humans. It detoxifies the blood, and the chlorophyll in wheat grass juice has antibiotic properties and creates an unfavorable environment for bacterial growth. Chlorophyll can inhibit the activity of some carcinogens, and wheat grass juice is an appetite suppressant. It improves the bodies ability to heal wounds, and helps purify the liver. It improves digestion and keeps hair from greying. Wheat grass juice absorbs 92 of the 102 minerals in the soil and contains almost all the vitamins used by humans. There's a lot more information to add on this subject but you get the idea about the benefits of this little grass.
Germinating seeds between wet paper towels then put in zip-lock bag.

No comments:

MS. POODIE

MS. POODIE