Welcome to Caliann's blog

I love the outdoors, the beach, gardening, family get-to-gethers! This is a spot hopefully for anyone who is interested in giving me pointers on being a better gardener as I'm a beginner. Mostly learning from reading other garden blogs I'm finally going to give my vegetable garden a try.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I think summer is here. It's 90 F. today.

I took this picture today of a BLONDE Bumblebee. Yea, he's blonde. This is the first year ever, that I have seen this little guy. He is always buzzin around this particular bush (sweet broom). There aren't any blooms on the bush yet but he's always there.
SUNFLOWER just starting to bud.
Little tomatoes
GARDEN VIEW
SPINACH AHND ONIONS
OKRA

It's warming up really quick. The vegetables are lovin' it. I'm looking forward to some fast growing food! My soil isn't the best, so it will be a surprise if I get any good results with anything as I'm not an experienced gardener. Before I planted anything I added compost to the soil. But I think it needed more of something else to make it more loamie.

No comments:

MS. POODIE

MS. POODIE