Welcome to Caliann's blog

I love the outdoors, the beach, gardening, family get-to-gethers! This is a spot hopefully for anyone who is interested in giving me pointers on being a better gardener as I'm a beginner. Mostly learning from reading other garden blogs I'm finally going to give my vegetable garden a try.

Friday, May 8, 2009


This is my garden layout this year. I made 3 square foot garden boxes. In the first one I planted bush beans by seed. The second one has okra and peppers. The third one still needs planting. I had to put some sticks in the ground by my squash hills to keep Lucy from digging in them. It has worked so far. I can't seem to keep the earwigs (bugs) from eating the squash seedlings. I'll have to go to the garden center and just buy some that are already big and strong enough and have gotten a head start. I have to find a natural way to kill those critters!!

No comments:

MS. POODIE

MS. POODIE