Welcome to Caliann's blog

I love the outdoors, the beach, gardening, family get-to-gethers! This is a spot hopefully for anyone who is interested in giving me pointers on being a better gardener as I'm a beginner. Mostly learning from reading other garden blogs I'm finally going to give my vegetable garden a try.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Are you having problems with earwigs? Well they were eating up all my little seedlings that I had just planted in the garden outside. Step 1: fill a small bowl (mine is styrofome) about 1/4 fullStep 2: Close the lid, but leave a small opening at edge for bugs to crawl in. Put in garden anywhere you see earwig colonies, right next to the plants you suspect them eating on.
.

The nex day you'll see some, leave it alone then check the next day and the next. Pretty soon you will see a pretty full bowl of the earwigs, maybe even some nasty ants too.








No comments:

MS. POODIE

MS. POODIE