Welcome to Caliann's blog

I love the outdoors, the beach, gardening, family get-to-gethers! This is a spot hopefully for anyone who is interested in giving me pointers on being a better gardener as I'm a beginner. Mostly learning from reading other garden blogs I'm finally going to give my vegetable garden a try.

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Good day to plant

My Spinach is starting to grow, now that the weather is warming up! I purchased the small seedlings at the local "Lowes" store.
I took this picture of the little Black Phoebe bird that adopted a vacant Swallow's nest. Her babies are hatched and starting to peek their beeks over the edge. She made a nest last year and had about 5 chicks that barely fit in the small nest as they were growing. It was amazing how they just up and flew away one day. I watched them as she coaxed them out of the nest and they followed her out to the almond field next to my yard. There they stayed for a few days learning how to fly. I would see them periodically over the summer months. It was awsome.

I finally got to transplant my Bell Peppers. It was a very sunny morning. I planted a row next to my climbing sweet peas. I also planted some sweet corn, okra, and squash from seed. I will be looking forward to seeing some sprouts in about 10 - 14 days there a bout. The temperature is in the 80's range but next week supposed to cool down again in the 70's.


2 comments:

MELISSACABRAL said...

YOUR BLOG TURNED OUT REALLY GREAT! I REALLY LOVE THE WHOLE PAGE SET UP... AND THE PICS LOOK REALLY GOOD. ITS ALL COME ALONG SO WELL I AM EXCIETED TO WATCH THE PROGRESS AND TASTE THE OUTCOME :-)
<3MELISSA

caliann said...

Thanks for visiting my blog Melissa. I hope you visit often to check all my gardening updates. I will try to keep updating as much as I can. It's a lot of fun. I still have to learn a lot about all this blogging stuff....

MS. POODIE

MS. POODIE