Welcome to Caliann's blog

I love the outdoors, the beach, gardening, family get-to-gethers! This is a spot hopefully for anyone who is interested in giving me pointers on being a better gardener as I'm a beginner. Mostly learning from reading other garden blogs I'm finally going to give my vegetable garden a try.

Friday, September 12, 2008

Drying Gourds


I finally cut all the gourds! I didn't realize how many I had. I grew some last year and only got about 4. I planted them too late and I think that's why. I made sure this year I planted them on time. I'll have to find a dry place in the winter months to store them so they can dry out real good. That will take about 6 months or so. I had this spare lattice leaning up against the garage so I thought I would just tie them all up there.

2 comments:

Becca said...

Have you done your gourds from last year yet?

caliann said...

I just got them out of the cupboard a couple of days ago. I put them away for awhile till I found the time to finish them. You know what happens-"out-of-sight-out-of-mind. I am determined to finish them after I drill the entrance hole.

MS. POODIE

MS. POODIE